Fixed NVM uint32 issue

Please reach out: support@ecotron.ai if your questions didn’t get replied.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Participant
    • Poltronics LTD

Hi all,

We are having an issue trying to use the fixed NVM for odometer functionality. We are using the following blocks and logic which I will attach.

Does this look correct?

What we are looking to do is have a uint32 value that we write to and read from. However this value from the read seems to be 0xEC600000 and we cannot change it.

Would it be possible for you to show me an example of how reading and writing a fixed uint32 to NVM would be done?

Thank you!

Terry Xu
    Keymaster
    • Ecotron

Hi there,

Please refer to this recommendation,

first, define a u32 fix NVM,

Terry Xu
    Keymaster
    • Ecotron

then, use Read Fixed NVM module and Write Fixed NVM to read and write, here are examples to use measurement to read NVM data.

Terry Xu
    Keymaster
    • Ecotron

The read NVM data, +1, is written to the NVM.

NVM data saving, we recommend using the power management module we provide, “Power Management Example”. Inside that, we have NVM save logic.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best.

Matt
    Participant
    • Poltronics LTD

Hi, I am not sure how this is different to what I have already or am I missing something?

Also, do I need the Fnvm_uint32 fixed definition to have a sized of 4? can I just have it set as 1 and read/write a uint32 value rather than splitting it into individual bytes?

Thanks!

Terry Xu
    Keymaster
    • Ecotron

For that, we might need your model screenshot about details to identify, you can share this webpage link in your email and talk to your Ecotron contact by email if you don’t want to disclose something in forum and we can go from there.

best,

Terry

Matt
    Participant
    • Poltronics LTD

Hi, what else do you need? I put a screenshot in my original post. Happy to send more information if needed

Terry Xu
    Keymaster
    • Ecotron

Incorrect NVM data read may be a logic problem in the application layer. You can add some observations after reading NVM data to verify the logic step.
    The size and data type of a fixed NVM definition are defined in the m file. You can edit your own m file to define NVM data.

Please let me know if further questions,

Best,
    Terry

Matt
    Participant
    • Poltronics LTD

Hello, this appears to increment the value by 4 instead of 1 for some reason? Am I missing something obvious? Thank you

Terry Xu
    Keymaster
    • Ecotron

Let me look into it and get back to you shortly,

Thanks,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.