HCU – Hybrid Control Unit
The Hybrid Control Unit, or HCU, is the core controller for a hybrid vehicle.
The HCU receives the driver input signals such as pedal inputs and vehicle speeds and uses these signals to manage the system energy, command the torque, and coordinate the motor, battery pack and the conventional powertrain. All of these factors determine the overall vehicle drivability.
HCU is the master of the vehicle control network, or CAN bus based network.
- Ecotron HCU is designed with ISO26262 functional safety in mind, and comes with a main chip and a monitor chip built-in, for safety monitoring.
- Ecotron HCU comes with the basic software, or BSW, support all typical input / output drivers for vehicle controls. The BSW is encapsulated in the MATLAB/Simulink environment, and the user can develop the control system with 100% model-based-design methods.
- The HCU hardware is abstracted from the application software and relieves the controls engineer from the challenge of the microprocessor configuration and embedded real-time software.
- Ecotron HCU comes with a CAN bus based reprogramming tool, supported by our boot loader which is pre-programmed into the microprocessor.
- Ecotron HCU supports the CCP/XCP based calibration tools, like INCA, CANape, as well as the cost effective EcoCAL, developed by Ecotron.
Plug-in Hybrid Electrical Vehicles
Hybrid Electrical Vehicles
|Main chip||32-bit Infineon TC275: 200MHz, Flash 4MB, SRAM 472K, floating point capability|
|Monitor chip||Built-in multiple cores|
|Supply voltage||DC 12V/24V(9~32V)|
|Peak voltage||DC 36V|
|Interface Requirements||BootLoader,CCP protocols|
|CAN Bus||4 channels|
|LIN Bus||1 channel|
|Sensor supply output||9 channels, DC 5V|
|Analog Input||22 channels, 12-bit,supporting both 0-5V inputs and 0-12V inputs|
|Digital Input||12 channels, 2 active low, 10 active high, 1 KEYON|
|Frequency signal input||2 channels|
|Low-side driver||Max current 2A,6 channels,
Max current 1A,6 channels,
Max current 0.5A,4 channels,
Max current 0.2A, 10 channels,
7 channels with PWM output
|High-side driver||Max current 2A,4 channels,
Max current 0.5A,6 channels
|Working humidity||Satisfying 0~95％, non-condensing, Reference ISO 16750|
|Pin number||121 Pin|
|Housing Material||Aluminum, Die-Casting|